[Vorbis] several questions

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni at programozo.hu
Mon Sep 26 04:36:47 PDT 2005

Hi!

hétfő 26 szeptember 2005 04.51-kor fangchao ezeket a bolcs gondolatokat
fogalmazta meg:
> Second, from the previos letter,I know that floor is the least squared
> error approximation of the maximum amount of noise allowable for each mdct
> coefficient/frequency (determined by the psychoacustic model). Now I am
> just confused whatever the floor really is .Is it a predition to the MDCT
> coefficient or just an estimation to the maximum allowable noise?

The email "Re: [Vorbis] Floor 1 Decode" from 16 september on this list might
help.

> And how  the psychoaustic result is applied to the compution of the floor?

IMHO the psychoacustic result is the allowable noise for each mdct
coefficient/frequency.

> Looking forward to your letter!
>

>         Lisa
>         fangchao_dlut at sina.com
>           2005-09-26

bye
Denes

--
---
What kills me, doesn't make me stronger.