[Vorbis] ***SPAM*** help

fangchao fangchao_dlut at sina.com
Fri Sep 23 05:49:58 PDT 2005

vorbisHi
Sorry if it is too stupid to ask the following questions.
I am just confused by the pychoacoustics model. I think the computation in the psy.c is to
derive a curve which stands for the threshold for the mdct coefficient. Is it right ?
If it is right , then what can we do with the curve ? I refered to several articles and find the aim of
most  pychoacoustics model was to derive the SMR coefficient which  helped to allocate the bits available,
but in ogg vorbis,i think it didn't  allocate the bits directly to the MDCT coefficient but to the residue ,
did I make a mistake?

Looking forward to your letter.

        fangchao
        fangchao_dlut at sina.com