[Vorbis] Chapters

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Sat Sep 17 10:57:11 PDT 2005

> How would one go about creating these boundaries in a file?  Is there
> a program to create these?  Is there a way to do it in python?
> ~Scott

The easy approach is to start with a single file per 'chapter'. You
can then create a chained ogg file as Ralph described very simply,
just by doing "cat file1.ogg file2.ogg > out.ogg"

If you have a pre-existing file that you want to split into chapters,
things are a little harder; I don't know of existing tools to do that
easily (you first need to split - then concatenate them as above. The
splitting bit there might be tools for, but I'm not sure (vcut does,
but I don't recommend using it as it's buggy)).

Mike