[Vorbis] Chapters

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sat Sep 17 01:47:49 PDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 12:32:49AM -0700, Scott Shawcroft wrote:

> Is there a standard way of defining chapters in the ogg container
> format?  I'm asking because this features would be very useful in long
> audio files, more specifically podcasts.

There's not really a standard. Some people use chaining boundaries, and
I think some players now support this in a useful way in their playlist
interface (showing the chain segments as separate elements if the
metadata changes) but it's by no means a universally supported feature.

I'd recommend that, or saving the chapters as separate files and using
a playlist.

 -r