[Vorbis] Basic Doubt on Packets and Pages

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Sep 5 02:09:29 PDT 2005

On 9/5/05, Ravi Lakkundi <ravilakkundi at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does that means that even in 4k we might not get a
> page and look for it in another 4k next time?? If so
> how do we keep track of it?

Well, you just keep reading until you have a page at a time. Then,
with each page, you parse the header to find what packets are present.
If the packet isn't complete, you continue within the next page, etc.

> I have read the documentation Vorbis_spec_I, it will
> be helpful if i can get some clues.

You should look at the ogg documentation and specification, not the
vorbis spec, for information about ogg.