[Vorbis] ***SPAM*** pre-echo preventing

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni at programozo.hu
Sun Oct 30 13:35:00 PST 2005

Hi!

There is some information about preecho eg. at
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15049
Blocksize switching is the only means to prevent preecho in vorbis - and
probably different parameters for encoding a short block as opposed to a long
block. Btw it should be rather rare that any mp3 encoder produces less
noticable preecho than vorbis IMHO, even when using the lame encoder. Mp3
has, in fact, a disadvantage in preecho handling, namely a relatively long
short block (384 sample-long window).

bye
Denes

szombat 29 október 2005 15.32-kor fangchao ezeket a bolcs gondolatokat
fogalmazta meg:

--
---
What kills me, doesn't make me stronger.