[Vorbis] Oggenc/oggdec on Mac OS X

Mikael Hillborg mikael at mhc.se
Tue Nov 15 09:01:12 PST 2005

Hi,

Has anyone succeeded to build oggenc and oggdec on
Mac OS X with static linking? I can build libogg
and libvorbis and install them as dynamic libraries
(by running ./configure, make and then make install).
Then oggenc and oggdec will load them in runtime
and use them. That works fine.

But I'd like to build these two command line tools
so they're linked with all the libraries they need.
So one doesn't have to rely on dynamic libraries if
the command line tools are used on another computer.

The output from the configure script says something
about using the libtool. Should I convert the dynamic
libraries in /usr/local/lib to static ones and then
build oggenc/oggdec? Or how's it supposed to be done?

/Mike