[Vorbis] (Was: Re-encoding Ogg Vorbis files?)

Ian Malone ibm21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue May 24 14:02:25 PDT 2005

I should chime in and say that my iAudio G3 has a similar problem.
The skipping at the end of some tracks and crashes with replaygain
headers seem to occur only with old encodes (and not all of them).
In iAudio's case there's new firmware out in Korea now (waiting
till a proper European version is available before I test it).

No idea where the problem lies.  I tried running through ogmsplit
in case it did anything, but no difference.

I think, as far as standard is concerned, the question is whether
the majority of Ogg/Vorbis people will have a significant backlog
of old encodes (in my case the answer is yes).  Just present it as
a bug.  I'm not big on my Vorbis history, but I'd imagine that
1.0-rc doesn't produce anything that's not in the standard.

If anyone is interested I'll post results when the European G3 update
comes out.  Not a clue about the Jens machines though. (Although aren't
they supposed to be a rebranded IOPS?  Might be worth a look).

imalone