[Vorbis] [rms@gnu.org: http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/PortablePlayers]

Tim Olsen tolsen718 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 18:17:32 PDT 2005

Has RMS changed his mind on this?

Foundation says, "I agree.  It is wise to make some of the Ogg Vorbis code
available for use in proprietary software, so that commercial companies doing
proprietary software will use it, and help Vorbis succeed in competition with
other formats that would be restricted against our use."
taken from:   http://www.vorbis.com/press/20010226.txt

Vorbis has yet to win the battle against other codecs.

-Tim