[Vorbis] still developed?

John Morton jwm at angrymonkey.net.nz
Mon May 2 19:35:47 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 13:57, Mihai Badila wrote:
>  Sorry for asking, but libogg and libvorbis especially are still developed?
> No updates from september 2004.

There are a limited number of xiph developers and lots of things to hack
on. Right now attention is focused on other things, but there is still
encoder tuning work happening outside of the xiph tree that occasionally
gets folded back in.

Development on the vorbis front might be quiet right now, but it's not
moribund. The software still builds and works everywhere, after all.

>  I just need to know if I have to move to FLAC [which is actively maintained]
> to store my CDs.

If you've got the storage space, FLAC is good choice for CD archiving.

John