[Vorbis] Pretec Allegro does not appear to play Oggs

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 19:36:00 PST 2005

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:28:21 +0200, Hugo van der Merwe
<hugo at dsp.sun.ac.za> wrote:
> Can I change the wiki? The box claims it plays oggs, the tech. specs. in
> the booklet claims it plays oggs, *some* places on the website claims it
> supports oggs, but it doesn't actually play my oggs. Can I move it to a
> "misadvertised" section, or a "rumours" section, or what can I do to
> indicate this to other people, so they don't accidentaly buy it?

You're welcome to change the wiki. A section (or probably a seperate
page?) for "things that claim to play vorbis but don't" would be a
good idea.

As Arc said, you should definately complain to the manufacturer.

One other thought: it might just be some oggs that it can't play.
Could you show us the output of ogginfo on one of the files that
doesn't work?

Mike