[Vorbis] Video synch lost with vorbis audio

Elifarley C. Coelho elifarley at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 12:23:24 PST 2005

I've used dvd::rip to encode some movies from dvd into
ogm files with xvid codec for video and vorbis for
audio (some using quality = 3, some with quality = 0).

It seems that the audio starts in synch, but it'll
gradually lag behind the video more and more.

Another movie encoded with mp3 CBR (avi container) has
no noticeable audio lag for the entire movie.

What can I do to keep the video and the vorbis audio
in synch when using the quality mode ? I have not
tested encoding the movie with vorbis in CBR mode yet.

Thank you.