[vorbis] ov_open fails on Version 1.0.1

Steve Russell srussell at innernet.net
Fri Jun 17 20:53:39 PDT 2005

Eddie,

I have been reviewing vorbis list postings, because I have been spinning my wheels for a week, trying to make a simple insertion of ogg vorbis decoding (vorbisfile) in the audio class of my MFC/C++ program.  I just read your thread from April 2004.

Question:  Do you have anything you could send me, since I assume you succeeded in getting results?  And/or could you take a look at what I have below and possibly point out my problem?  Needless to say, I would greatly appreciate it!

Steve Russell

 // AudioFile.cpp
 #include "vorbis/codec.h"
 #include "vorbis/vorbisfile.h"
 . . .
 OggVorbis_File vf;
 FILE* pFile;
 pFile = fopen("verdes_2.ogg", "rb");
 int err = err = ov_open(pFile, &vf, NULL, 0);
 . . .
 ov_clear(&vf);

In my app's directory, I have
ogg.dll
vorbis.dll
vorbisfile.dll

and have added to my project these files:

ogg\ogg.h
ogg\os_types.h
vorbis\codec.h
vorbis\vorbisfile.h

I am ignoring this library:

MSVCRT.lib

"Use run-time library" is set to Multi-threaded DLL.

"Object/library modules": vorbis/vorbisfile.lib

ov_open gives me a mystserious exception.