[Vorbis] Vorbis Players for Windows

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu Jan 20 13:50:09 PST 2005

BTW, short answer to the original question:

http://www.illiminable.com/ogg

...gets you what you want for WiMP.

As for WinAMP, WinAMP3 (which no one should use) and WinAMP5 (which
was a reaction to WinAMP3 sucking so hard, they want back and started
over basing it on WinAMP2) both support Ogg natively.  Winamp2 had a
plugin years and years ago, but it was done by Nullsoft when Nullsoft
was still Nullsoft and since Nullsoft hasn't been Nullsoft or
supported WinAMP2 for about, oh, 50 years now, it's not surprising
this plugin is just hard to find.  I think the final release or two of
WinAMP2 supported Ogg natively, but I don't remember for sure.

I didn't realize Vorbis.com had bitrotted to quite this level of
uselessness.  I'll get it updated because, damn, that's
emabarrassing, but it won't quite happen overnight.

Monty