[Vorbis] Vorbis Players for Windows

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Wed Jan 19 16:26:44 PST 2005

> The Wiki page for software players is probably the best/easiest place
> to give them a wide selection (though for my part, I typically point
> users directly to specific players, such as winamp).

Winamp has a problem when a vorbis stream terminates at the server end, or
there is bandwidth conjestion somewhere and the buffer runs out.  The
in_vorbis.dll crashes Winamp every time.  The author of the plugin had a
fallout with Nullsoft and went on to develop Foobar2000 , so he has no
interest in fixing it, and Nullsoft don't seem too interested either.

So I put Winamp at the bottom of the Windows list.  Foobar2000
<http://www.foobar2000.org> works well, plus QCD Player
<http://www.quinnware.com>

Regards,
Ross.