[Vorbis] Recursively vcutting

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 01:46:42 PST 2005

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:57:57 +1000, Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net> wrote:
> Michael Smith wrote:
>
> > I'd add that I strongly recommend not using vcut for any purpose. It
> > works unreliably and will tend to produce incorrect output files. (I
> > wrote it, and _I_ won't use it!)
>
> Are there any plans ever to fix vcut?  An example like this shows the
> usefulness of such a tool, and also its presence as a proof of concept
> piece of software is surely questionable if the code doesn't actually work
> properly.
>
> Geoff.

I have no further plans for vcut. It's been removed from the
vorbis-tools build (though the source remains, if anyone wants to use
it as a reference. As you note, it's probably not much good for that,
either. I should probably just remove it entirely - people could
always resurrect it from svn if they want).

If I ever need a tool like vcut again, I'd write it from scratch.

Mike