[Vorbis] Updating an existing file encoding

Frank Murphy murphyf at f-m.fm
Thu Feb 24 23:08:06 PST 2005

I got the same thing. The error message on the iRiver players is something
like "Ogg Format not supported." But it says that for lots of reasons, a
principal one being that the file is encoded too low or too high. The iFP
players only accept Ogg files that are encoded between 96kbps and 225kpbs.
Plus, if you use a variable bitrate, if the bitrate drops below a certain
rate, you get a bad pop in your ear.

Frank