[Vorbis] Vorbis in Smatphone

Graham Mitchell graham at grahammitchell.com
Fri Feb 18 15:09:07 PST 2005

> You could also try AeroPlayer (www.aerodrome.us), which is also free,
> has a smaller footprint, runs faster, and as a bonus, you'd have the
> satisfaction of knowing that our company isn't paying money to
> Microsoft to support its WMA format.
> </shameless plug>

Not to mention that AeroPlayer now supports Speex as well, which is great for
audiobooks and the like.  On my Sony Clie, I can play low-bitrate Vorbis and
get close to 8 hours of continuous off a full charge of the device, so it
certainly doesn't waste cycles anywhere.

If only they would make an option to get the playlists living on the memory
card and auto-loading when you change them out.  (Currently, AFAIK, playlists
can only be stored on the device itself and they stay regardless of whether or
not the audio files they reference are actually present on the memory card.
And this doesn't suit my usage patterns very well at all.)

Otherwise I've been quite happy with AeroPlayer, and paid for a lifetime
subscription.

And mine's not a shameless plug, since I'm just a random user.

--
Graham Mitchell - computer science teacher, Leander High School