[Vorbis] FLAC support?

Joan Ging joan at joanworld.com
Wed Dec 28 14:07:21 PST 2005

Hello,

Sorry for the newbie question, but I couldn't figure out a way to search
the list archives and could only stand to go through a couple of months
worth of entries.

Does the Xiph QuickTime component support FLAC? It seemed from the
documentation online that it should, but I cannot get it to work. I am
on Windows XP SP2, QuickTime 7.0.3, trying to play in iTunes 6.0.1.3. I
don't get an error message of any kind, just won't do anything. I made
sure the filename was less than 63 characters, and also restarted my
computer after placing the component in Program
Files/QuickTime/QTComponents.

Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Joan