[Vorbis] Problem with CPU usage on Playstation 2 when using Ogg Vorbis.

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sat Apr 30 17:34:47 PDT 2005

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 12:20:38AM +0200, Daniel Collin wrote:

> The code is based on libvorbis, I wasnt really sure which one to pick,
> You know if there is
> any prons/cons between those tho?

Well, tremor is a cleaner design, and has lower memory bandwidth I
think, as well as a smaller footprint (at least with the lowmem branch).
However, it's fixed point, so if what you have free is an fpu, libvorbis
might still be better. I'd give it a try for comparison's sake. There's
never been a formal release, but you can get the code from

  http://svn.xiph.org/branches/lowmem-branch/Tremor/

HTH,
 -r