[Vorbis] Help please: encoding with ogg vorbis under linux

Hans Klute hklute at gmx.de
Wed Sep 29 02:13:55 PDT 2004

Hi!

I am a newbie in developing with ogg vorbis.
I want to read data from the soundcard in junks of 65k.
Then this data should be encoded with ogg vorbis, each junk independent from
another.
The encoded pieces will be put in a own message format with a header. A file
will be written every minute containing the collected pieces. Each of this
pieces can be played  independently form others. So I think, that every
piece must have the ogg headers and a start/end bit set? The only way I have
achieved this is by calling ogg_stream_init  (like some other inits)again
for each junk. This costs a lot of CPU power (80% on P3 700).
How could I achieve this?
I have done the above with lame and bzip, but mp3 costs fees and bzip only
compresses at about 50%.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Hans

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl