[Vorbis] burning file to cd

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sun Sep 26 13:40:02 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 04:21:15PM -0400, Mark wrote:
> Hello,
> I am interested in recording my LP's from my stereo to my computer and then
> burning to cd.
> If I understand right theres no way to save as oog and then burn ?

There are burning applications that will burn Oggs to music CDs.

However, there's no reason to do so; audio CDs will only actually hold
uncompressed sound.  Burning programs that take mp3 and Ogg files are
just converting back to uncompressed before buringing the CD.  You
might as well just record to WAV or AIFF (both uncompressed formats)
and use those to make your audio CDs.

Monty