[Vorbis] Vorbis Tools installation problem

Andy Wright jaw at symbolics.us
Fri Sep 3 06:34:20 PDT 2004

I am trying to install vorbis-tools 1.0.1 onto my mac os 10.3.5

I installed the relevant libraries through fink
(http://fink.sourceforge.net) - libao2, libvorbis, libogg

my configure command was this:

./configure -with-ogg=/sw --with-ao=/sw --without-flac --without-speex

I received no errors from configure except to let me know that oggenc
would not have flac support and that ogg123 would not have flac or
speex support.

I then ran sudo make and came up with the following errors ( I ran make
first and came up with permission errors - so I ran sudo make):

encode.c: In function `set_advanced_encoder_options':
encode.c:51: error: storage size of `ai' isn't known
encode.c:56: error: `OV_ECTL_RATEMANAGE_GET' undeclared (first use in
this function)
encode.c:56: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
encode.c:56: error: for each function it appears in.)
encode.c:93: error: `OV_ECTL_IBLOCK_SET' undeclared (first use in this
function)
encode.c:98: error: `OV_ECTL_LOWPASS_GET' undeclared (first use in this
function)
encode.c:99: error: `OV_ECTL_LOWPASS_SET' undeclared (first use in this
function)
encode.c:109: error: `OV_ECTL_RATEMANAGE_HARD' undeclared (first use in
this function)
encode.c:111: error: `OV_ECTL_RATEMANAGE_AVG' undeclared (first use in
this function)
encode.c:51: warning: unused variable `ai'
encode.c: In function `oe_encode':
encode.c:158: warning: implicit declaration of function
`vorbis_encode_setup_vbr'
encode.c:166: error: storage size of `ai' isn't known
encode.c:167: error: `OV_ECTL_RATEMANAGE_GET' undeclared (first use in
this function)
encode.c:173: error: `OV_ECTL_RATEMANAGE_SET' undeclared (first use in
this function)
encode.c:166: warning: unused variable `ai'
encode.c:179: warning: implicit declaration of function
`vorbis_encode_setup_managed'
encode.c:191: error: `OV_ECTL_RATEMANAGE_AVG' undeclared (first use in
this function)
encode.c:201: warning: implicit declaration of function
`vorbis_encode_setup_init'
encode.c:284: warning: implicit declaration of function
`vorbis_bitrate_addblock'
encode.c:286: warning: implicit declaration of function
`vorbis_bitrate_flushpacket'
make[2]: *** [encode.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Does anyone have any advice on how to solve this problem?  What exactly
is the problem?  I've worked with my father before on a problem similar
to this and he looked at the output and said oh, you need to do this or
try this.  I, however, do not have the experience to do that.  If this
isn't the proper place to ask is there another list/forum where I can
go?  I am relatively new to the command line interface.  I know enough
about Unix to make myself dangerous.  If I need to post the entire
output of the make command please let me know.  If there is any other
information that you might need to help me then let me know.

I appreciate your time and any help in this matter,
Andy Wright