[Vorbis] Help please streaming oggs as they are being created

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Mon Oct 25 08:31:16 PDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 03:49:19AM -0700, HJ wrote:

> I thought that when streaming, upstream bandwidth is *almost* always more of
> a consideration than latency.  Though, in this case, yes, latency will
> probably be noticibly higher than, say, fetching the stream from icecast.

Upstream bandwidth is the limiting factor for how many simultaneous
streaming clients one may support. I was just talking about seek
performance over http. Because the client has to do multiple seeks
to converge on the byte offset of the designed temporal location,
round-trip latency is the dominant factor for seeking.

 -r