[Vorbis] Question on Quality factor, Bitrate and decode table

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Oct 18 13:37:29 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 08:31:49PM -0500, Christopher John Harrington wrote:
> This is actually no longer the case. The audible chirps have been
> replaces with very short periods of silence.
>
> Also, the number of skips has been reduced dramatically as portions of
> the firmware are optimized and improved.

I'll be the first to say that the original Neuros firmware generation
was a bit of a loser; unreliable, lots of rough edges.

It's too bad that the Neuros player got a bad reputation by then
because the second generation firmware works beautifully.  Or perhaps
it's too bad that it got released too soon for the second generation
firmware to have always been what it shipped with.

Monty