[Vorbis] vorbis 1.1.0

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Oct 12 20:25:46 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 13:22, Geoff Shang wrote:
> Ralph Giles wrote:
> > John has posted a new build of his OggDropXPd on
> > http://rarewares.org/ogg.html. The latest version uses
> > the 1.1 libvorbis.
>
> Thanks.  The people who were asking are, like myself, blind.  I'm not sure
> how accessible OggDropXPd is, and at any rate, some people are using
> oggenc in batch files which OggDropXPd would not be suitable for.  But I'll
> let them knwo.

Geoff,

Rarewares has a libvorbis-1.1 build of "oggenc2.3", which is a command line
application based on oggenc. I've not used it, but I'm told it's basically
the same, just with some extra features (mostly for reading proprietary
lossless formats as input). I think this should be ok for the purposes you're
asking for.

Mike