[Vorbis] Bitrate Peeling (no. really)

Christopher John Harrington webkid at webkid.com
Fri Oct 1 13:58:41 PDT 2004

I really think that backwards compatability is a huge issue. Some people
have gigs and gigs of of Vorbis... what are they supposed to do?

That doesn't mean that changes to the encoder shouldn't be made.
Certainly, it's feasible to build a "reorganizer" that will shuffle
around packets in the same way the encoder would have?

-Chris