[Vorbis] source code

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Nov 23 16:26:51 PST 2004

Yes. http://www.xiph.org is one of many.

> is there a low-delay option in ogg-vorbis?

Not in the reference encoder.

> how much is the delay at i.e. 64kbit/s quality?

Depends on specific encoder settings. If you're using a managed-bitrate mode,
about 2 seconds, I think, by default. If you're using VBR, significantly
less.

> are there any restrictions in including the codec into my software?

Not many. Basically you just need to include the copyright notice somewhere in
the software or accompanying documentation.

Mike