[Vorbis] bug query

John Heard johnh at omnitronics.com.au
Tue Nov 2 16:47:36 PST 2004

Hi,

a newbie query about a potential bug in VorbisLib (I tried using
bugzilla with no success):

My problem is that I encountered a divide by zero exception that I
tracked down to bark_noise_hybridmp()
in PSY.C. I don't pretend to know what bark_noise_hybridmp() does but
there are a few instances
of the following in that routine:

  D = tN * tXX - tX * tX;
  R = (A + x * B) / D;

When I prevented R from being calculated if D == 0 the problem went away
and the resultant OGG
file could still be played by WinAmp.

I've successfully built all v1.0.1 libraries (ogg, vorbis, vorbisenc &
vorbisfile) on winXP
with borland C++ builder v6. I successfully built versions of oggenc &
oggdec to test my
builds of these libraries and confirmed resultant OGG files with WinAmp.

The problem has only occurred on a couple of WAV audio files at this
time. One was a WAV derived
from an MP3 that was decoded by LAME and the other was audio captured
from my PC's line in using
DirectSound (v9).

I hope this makes sense,

John