[vorbis] Vorbis determined to be as good as MPC at 128 kbps!

Stephen So S.So at griffith.edu.au
Wed May 26 18:01:15 PDT 2004

I wasn't the one speculating about Garf though.  I was just pointing out
that since he has a job at Ahead now, the chances that he'll come back
to work on a competing format are very slim.

Steve.

Monty wrote:

>On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 11:34:20AM +1000, Stephen So wrote:
>

>>owner-vorbis at xiph.org wrote:
>>

>>>In any case, we're trying to improve in this area. Garf never said
>>>
>>>anything to me about his frustration, but then again, there have been
>>>periods where I haven't monitored the lists or IRC.  I hope he's not
>>>gone for good.
>>>

>>I think he is gone for good since he's now working for Ahead on MPEG-4 AAC.
>>

>I've talked to Garf multiple times since he started at Ahead, and the
>speculation here doesn't match what he told me.  I hate it when people
>put words into *my* mouth, so I think I should object here to you
>putting words into Garf's.  You folks make it sound like he'd shave
>our cats given the chance ;-)
>
>We're on good terms... but he's understandably occupied with his job,
>and his job is working on MP4 AAC.
>
>Monty
>--- >8 ----
>Ogg project homepage: http://www.xiph.org/ogg/

Stephen So PhD Student
Signal Processing Laboratory
School of Microelectronic Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
Nathan Campus Griffith University
Brisbane QLD Australia 4111.

Phone: +61-7-387 53754
Fax:   +61-7-387 55198