[vorbis] Vorbis determined to be as good as MPC at 128 kbps!

Paul Martin pm at nowster.zetnet.co.uk
Tue May 25 08:21:43 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 04:12:18PM +0200, Jack Moffitt wrote:

> I'll put on my official hate and say "We do want third party
                          ^^^^
(and other typing-too-quickly errors)

Too much blood in the caffeine stream?

One of the best things about the Vorbis codec is that its degredation
at reduced bitrates is much more graceful and pleasing to the ear than
other codecs.

For example, a 16kHz 24kbps (-q -1) stream sounds (to me) cleaner than
a 32kbps RealAudio G2 stream.

--
Paul Martin <pm at zetnet.net> (work)
  <pm at nowster.zetnet.co.uk> (home)