[vorbis] CD ripper software

8ut3ww302 at sneakemail.com 8ut3ww302 at sneakemail.com
Thu Mar 25 05:29:13 PST 2004

On Thursday 25 March 2004 08:11, Hibbs, Phil phil.hibbs-at-cgey.com |vorbis|
wrote:
> Eric Belanger:
> >Ive been using dbpowerAMP Music Converter...
>
> That looks good. It also has plugins for FLAC and a few other lossless
> formats.
>
> Does anyone have an opinion on what lossless format is the best? I know
> oggenc can cope with FLAC, which is what I currently use (CD -> Wav -> FLAC
> -> Ogg)
>
> Phil Hibbs
> Cap Gemini Ernst & Young
> Aston, UK

I would recommend cdex (mentioned in another message as well) over dbpowerAMP,
but that's a matter of preference.  My recommendation for a lossless format
is FLAC.  It's faster to decode than others, it achieves comparable
compression ratios, and oggenc will not only transcode from FLAC, but will
also copy Vorbis comments from it.

--
Andrew Mahone