[vorbis] Fwd: Ogg Vorbis for Classical CD's???

Arc Riley arc at xiph.org
Tue Mar 16 22:10:22 PST 2004

This was sent to me, I don't know why.  Please reply to author directly.

Hello!   Sorry I did not get your name and have close down the web site now, but I cannot comprehend the write-ups on Ogg Vorbis being old and a TechnoStupido!   All I know is that I have the following players: Winamp 32, WMPlayer 9, Nero Player and QuickPlayer.    I had the free version of Real Player but it refused to open in spite of redownload and reinstall,  so I deleted it.   The fact is I am 67 and have a library of classical stuff I love to listen to and Lockergnome tells me in a newsletter that Ogg Vorbis enhances sound marvellously.   How do I download whatever is needed to enhance my players and at what cost?  And what is needed?    And will all my players accept Ogg Vorbis?  Are there free downloads?   We in South Africa cannot contrinute by PayPal as it does not operate here - operates in 38 countries, but not here.
Many questions, I know, but I would really appreciate your advice here and thank you in advance.
Kind regards Bob Bowen.

>From Bob Bowen: rabo at absamail.co.za
Checked by TRENDMICRO ANTIVIRUS
THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS NO SPAM!