[vorbis] Re: Hello, thanks, and how do I...

Jernej Simonèiè jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
Thu Mar 11 09:23:55 PST 2004

On Thursday, March 11, 2004, 17:45:22, Hibbs, Phil wrote:

> I would like to edit the Artist info that I presume is embedded into the WAV
> file and then picked up by oggenc. Is this possible? Of course it's
> possible, it's all just ones and zeros at the end of the day, but is is
> practical?

You can specify the tags in the oggenc command line like this:
oggenc -a "Artist" -l "Album" -t "Song title"

Or, if you wish to retag already encoded Ogg files, I recommend you to use
foobar2000 <http://www.foobar2000.org/>, which although it's primarily an
audio player, contains a great masstagger (to use the masstagger, add some
files to the playlist, select them, right-click and choose Masstagger->Edit
tags from the menu).

--
begin  .sig
< Jernej Simoncic >< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over.
       -- Fudd's First Law of Opposition
end