[vorbis] Windows app to record audio with squelch?

Moz list at moz.geek.nz
Thu Mar 11 03:54:27 PST 2004

Hello vorbis,

I'm chasing something to record the output of a radio scanner for long
periods. It really needs to be able to split files (start a new output
file every X MB), not record silence (the scanner sends no signal when
there's no transmission, rather than sending static), and run under
windows (because that's the requirement, ok). A command line app would
be fine... Ideally it would also be able to cope with two utterly
disjointed "stereo" channels (ie, two scanners).

Does anyone know of something like this? I found one tool called
"scanner recorder" or similar, but it didn't work. And it only output
wav AFAIK, if it did work.

Because otherwise I fear I'll end up writing one myself.

--
Best regards,
 Moz                          mailto:list at moz.geek.nz