[vorbis] CD ripper software

Eric Belanger bilange at gamebox.net
Thu Mar 25 04:15:44 PST 2004

Hibbs, Phil wrote:

>Does anyone have any recommendations for a good CD ripper? I've also tried
>Exact Audio Copy, but didn't get on with it very well.

Ive been using dbpowerAMP Music Converter
(http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm) for a year without problems. You can
convert audio files directly from the file manager (or explorer,
whatever you wanna call it), and also converts from audio CDs.

The main download doesnt have vorbis out-of-the-box, but a plugin is
available here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-ogg.htm

If i recall correctly, the main download only has MP3, WAV, and CD support.

You may also want to look to all the formats supported (via downloadable
plugins) on this page, http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm, but
why would you? ;)

Hope this helps!
Eric Belanger