[vorbis] First impressions of iRiver iHP120

Stan Seibert volsung at mailsnare.net
Mon Mar 22 13:43:43 PST 2004

Michiel Toneman wrote:

>Seriously though, it's a great little unit. Even as a hot pluggable,
>unpowered diskdrive it would be pretty much worth the cost alone. I get
>a continuous read/write throughput of about 10MB/s over USB2.
>
>Other great features are a.o. the optical-in/out and of course Vorbis
>support :-D

Out of curiosity, how does the unit find new songs?  Could I, for
example, mount the drive as an external USB 2.0 hard disk on my Linux
box, copy a bunch of Oggs to it, unmount, and then play them?  Or would
I need some sort of tool to update a database on the unit (like in the
case of the Neuros)?

---
Stan Seibert