[vorbis] Ogg Vorbis versus Mp3

Cristian Gagliardi cristiangag at yahoo.it
Tue Mar 9 07:11:07 PST 2004

Hi, I'm a student of Salerno University (Italy), and I'm studing Ogg
Vorbis and Mp3 codecs. I'm finding informations, schema, structure of a
codec Vorbis. Can You help me? I'd like understand the difference
between Ogg Vorbis and Mp3: why and where Ogg Vorbis is better than Mp3?
(Why Ogg Vorbis have better quality and better compression than Mp3 ? -
Both use MDCT and Huffman Compression). What is the "trick" ?

Thanks however, and sorry for my bad English.

Cristian Gagliardi
cristiangag at yahoo.it