[Vorbis] Vorbis Test Suite

Michael Smith msmith
Wed Jun 23 18:19:24 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 23:31, Previr RANGROO wrote:
> Hello  all
>
> I want to compile a test suite of ogg vorbis streams which can help me
> test the various features of the Vorbis Decoder that I am porting to
> ST200 VLIW processor. I started from the Tremor codec and want to test
> all the parts of my ported decoder for correctness (bit match) with the
> reference.
>
> Can anyone guide me to a Vorbis encoder which allows me to change the
> encoding configurations and generate the compressed file in all the
> possible flavors?

I don't know of any encoders that will do this, and we don't have a
pre-defined test suite (we should probably consider having an official test
suite - but right now we don't have it).

However, if you download older versions of the encoder (such as the early
beta releases), they will use many parts of the specification that the
current release does not use.

Mike