[Vorbis] .ogg extension and Theora

Cameron Patrick cp
Thu Jun 17 17:49:42 PDT 2004

<000401c454a9$355dea50$05649c3f at computername>
<20040617231837.GM23020 at griffon>
<200406180241.39823.haxe at pansensack.de>

Haxe wrote:

| I personally would prefer *.ogv (not *ogt or again *ogm), but that's
| indeed not important. It is only important that it differs from *ogg
| and from other extensions that are not likely to be opened with a video
| player application.
[...]
| No. Today, more than three letters are perfectly fine. But I think it's
| not necessary. *.ogv would serve well.

I think that truncating the "ogg" bit in the extension is kind of ugly
and not really necessary these days.  How about ".oggv" or even ".oggvid"?
Not that it matters ;-)

Cameron.