[Vorbis] .ogg extension and Theora

Moz list
Thu Jun 17 15:15:45 PDT 2004

<001c01c49ce0$c39425d0$a720a8c0 at NESCAFE>
<40D1EF69.4030405 at ellisfoundation.com>
<001601c49ced$002f5260$a720a8c0 at NESCAFE>
<20040617194522.GA17559 at xiph.org>

Arc said:
> The problem cannot be solved in the extension. Your OS is the
> problem, or prehaps just your file manager.

The obvious solution is for xiph to persuade all the various OS
writers to change their file management to be conformant with the
vorbis standard.

Stop laughing, dammit, that is *exactly* the solution you are
proposing. Just because you would like to be able to dictate to
Microsoft and Linux doesn't mean that predicating acceptance of your
standard on so doing is a sensible choice. I think it's better to go
with the way almost everyone works right now, while leaving open the
option of upgrading later.

--
Moz
Save homo ped plumbium - they're driving themselves to extinction.