[vorbis] iRiver iMP-550

Charles Philip Chan cpchan at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 29 23:00:03 PST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 01:07:58 +0200
"Daniil V. Kolpakov" <dan at riga.lv> wrote:

> That sucks because unfortunately almost every album of my music
> collection is encoded at q=9.2, and several bits, on the contrary, are
> encoded at very low bitrates like 60-80 kbps :(

Wow, at q=9.2 your battery life will suck big time. Remember that this
is beta firmware, I suspect the bitrate issues will be fixed in the
final release. I invite you to join us at the Iriver International site
and at misticriver.net.

Charles

--
"However, complexity is not always the enemy."

  -- Larry Wall (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)