[vorbis] Re: Hi

Graham Mitchell graham at grahammitchell.com
Sat Jan 24 09:18:11 PST 2004

> I got that too, but that's because the virus sent itself to
> majordomo at xiph.org *and* vorbis at xiph.org (I think).

Actually, I'm not certain it was sent to the list.  The *first* message I saw
was Andrew's on Thursday:

    > There's a lot of URLs, mail headers and registry modifiers in the EXE
    > you just posted. Care to explain?

I didn't see any related message prior to his, nor have I seen the culprit
since, though I have seen everyone's replies and discussion.

I suppose it's possible that my mail provider did some server-side filtering
of that message before it ever got sent to me, but since ~95 junk mail
messages get through to me every day, I doubt they'd have filtered that one
and not the others.

Also, though I have SpamAssassin running locally (which files 90% of those
junk mail messages), my "Move This Message Into The Vorbis Folder" rule
takes effect before SpamAssassin gets to look at it, so I know it wasn't
filtered on my end.

Though 'vorbis at xiph.org' was in the "To:" header, perhaps you all got it via
Bcc?

--
Graham Mitchell - computer science teacher, Leander High School
"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body."