[vorbis] Ogg artifacts

Paul Martin pm at nowster.zetnet.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 16:05:14 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 09:48:43AM +1000, Stephen So wrote:
> Vorbisgain is an excellent tool for this function.  I recommend everyone
> vorbisgain all their ogg vorbis files. :)

I do something similar. I get the ReplayGain radiogain, and the peak
value (using ov_read_float() so that it doesn't clip) then take the
maximum attenuation of the radiogain and the normalise gain, and store
that in a separate file, along with the computed fadeout point and the
track's length. Why not Vorbis comments? I've got a legacy of MP3s
hanging round, too.

--
Paul Martin <pm at zetnet.net> (work)
  <pm at nowster.zetnet.co.uk> (home)