[vorbis] Ogg Vorbis in Creative products petition

Andrew Bainbridge andrew.bainbridge1 at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 19 11:12:02 PST 2004

I think if you want to get Creative to take Ogg Vorbis seriously, you
should try to make the petition as formal as possible. Maybe you could
put a note on the website to encourage users to post their full name,
rather than just their first name or a nickname.

A few more points:

1. I believe Ogg should always be written exactly that way, not OGG.
2. OGG by itself isn't an audio format, I think you should always write
"Ogg Vorbis".
3. The sentence "OGG support for Creative Digital Players in next
firmware release" isn't perfect. "Include Ogg Vorbis support in Creative
digital audio players in the next firmware release". Would be clearer.
Even then, expecting Creative to implement Vorbis support by the next
firmware release is probably unrealistic. Maybe it should be lessened to
"future firmware releases".

Just thoughts. Hope they aren't usless to you.

- Andrew