[vorbis] Ogg checksum thingie needed

8ut3ww302 at sneakemail.com 8ut3ww302 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jan 7 18:06:57 PST 2004

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 20:57:27 -0500, "Alan MacDonald
newslists-at-warpzillion.com |vorbis|" <e12dhqvose0t at sneakemail.com>
said:

> md5sum doesn't suit your needs? It's available for most operating
> systems.
>
> Alan

Md5sum doesn't fit the requirements, as changing tags would change the
file's checksum.  I wanted the same thing for a python music player I was
coding a while ago, and never quite worked out the best way to do it.
Checksumming the decoded audio isn't safe, because a change in the
decoder implementation could change the checksum.  The plan I settled on
was to strip all of the ogg framing stuff, and any packets that didn't
relate to the encoded audio (comments, etc), and checksum what was left.
I just couldn't figure out how to pull that off with pyogg, though, and
didn't feel like hacking on it at the time.

--
  Andrew Mahone
  andrewmahone AT eml DOT cc

--