[vorbis] About Vorbis Encoder

Stephen So s.so at griffith.edu.au
Mon Feb 23 05:07:46 PST 2004

The Vorbis I specifications only provides details from a decoder point
of view, which I assume gives some freedom in the implementation of the
encoder.  Currently the best way to understand the encoder is to
download the source and try and understand what's going on.  A good
source file, from which to observe the sequence of Vorbis encoding, is
mapping0.c in the function called mapping0_forward.

Good luck :)

Best regards,

Steve.

Leena wrote:

>Hello !!
>

>   Can I get the vorbis -I encoder spects ..? I have Vorbis I specifications
>. That talks mostly about vorbis
>Decoder .
>

>Leena
>
>--- >8 ----
>Ogg project homepage: http://www.xiph.org/ogg/

Stephen So, BEng(Hons)

PhD Student,
Signal Processing Laboratory,
School of Microelectronic Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology,
Griffith University, Nathan Campus,
Brisbane, QLD, Australia, 4111.

Phone: +61-7-3875 3754
E-mail: s.so at griffith.edu.au