[Vorbis] Does Ogg Vorbis support 5.1 surround?

Paul Ellis public
Fri Aug 6 00:39:00 PDT 2004

<001b01c47b91$9e0ddec0$9440fea9 at aoldsl.net>

It depends on your source file(s).  Are you going from A VOB (DVD Video
OBject), an AC3 (Dolby Digital), 6 Mono wave files, 3 Stereo Wave
files?  Earlier in this thread I mention going to www.doom9.net and
reading their guides on the subject.  They are pretty good.  It
basically takes one of two programs (they both are related to each
other) BeSweet or OggMachine.  They'll handle all of the afore mentioned
files, and make a 5.1 channel (really 6 channel) Vorbis file.  The
programs are very easy to use.  Google for dspguru and Besweet and you
will find his site or a mirror really easy.  It is free software too.
I'm not sure if it's free as in speech, but it is as in beer for sure.

Paul Ellis