[Vorbis] Yet Another Vorbis Portable

jt jontemple
Thu Aug 5 00:40:33 PDT 2004

Kyungjoon,

It appears that the EZAV-400 is still in development. Bit I am sure that if
you send an e-mail to mailto:sales at ez-av.com that you will get an answer.

Also, it appears that all of their other models have only supported
proprietary formats. The 400 mentions oog vorbis, but I would definitely
verify that if it was me before thinking about a purchase.  Especially since
the other formats seem to be very much into the Microsoft formats.

I do believe to control instead of being controlled it would important that
we write to vendors and ask about formats that are not created by Microsoft,
Apple, Adobe, Sun, Sony  and Oracle. They have a stranglehold on technology
and creativity.

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: vorbis-bounces at xiph.org [mailto:vorbis-bounces at xiph.org]On Behalf
Of Kyungjoon Lee
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 11:02 PM
To: vorbis at xiph.org
Subject: [Vorbis] Yet Another Vorbis Portable

Hullo, folks.

As the wiki is *still* down, I'm sending this to the list again.

The EZAV EMP-400 is a small flash-based portable player with an OLED
screen. I think it's still in development, because I can't find
information on its pricing anywhere. The memory capacity isn't visible
anywhere either, but the previous device from EZAV had 256 megs of
memory.

http://www.ez-av.com/korean/product/index.html