[vorbis] Can't compile vorbis-tools CVS

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Fri Aug 6 15:17:01 PDT 2004

Geoff Shang wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I haven't had any luck with this on vorbis-dev, so I thought I'd try here.
> Note that for those who have read this already, there's new stuff at the
> bottom.
>
> I'm getting the folowing when attempting to compile vorbis-tools from CVS:
>
> Making all in intl
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/cvs/vorbis-tools/intl'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `all-no- at BUILD_INCLUDED_LIBINTL@',
> needed by `all-no'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/cvs/vorbis-tools/intl'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Update your automake etc.

> This is after running ./autogen.sh with no options.  I examined the output
> of configure.  Burried away in the output, not in the log btw, was the
> following error:
>
> sed: can't read ./intl/po2tbl.sed.in: No such file or directory

Not an error.

> This looks like an auto* issue to me, though I know very little about it.

Bingo.

> Autoconf version 2.13
> automake (GNU automake) 1.4
> gettext (GNU gettext) 0.10.35

Ancient.

> Vorbis-tools is current CVS.
>
> Let me know if you need any more information.  I really want to try out CVS
> and would like to help iron out any compilation bugs.

vorbis-tools less dependent on the versions of the host tools you have (but
note that developers _always_ should use the newest versions released); also,
the .gmo files will be added to CVS (so users will never run into any of this).

(developer == someone who builds with autogen.sh; user == ... configure).

Segher